The Recruiting Sergeant is an award winning Pub and Restaurant with Rooms situated in the village of Horstead, near Coltishall, in Norfolk. Matthew and Nicola Colchester and their dedicated team have developed an enviable reputation in the area and the pub is well known for its food quality, friendliness and attention to detail. Further information:
- Pub bar open all day from 11am (noon on Sunday)
- Monday to Friday - food served lunchtime and evenings
- Saturday & Sunday - food served all day
- Real ales, cocktails and large choice of wines by the glass
- Garden and covered heated outdoor patio area
- Booking essential. We look forward to welcoming you!
Bed & Breakfast - To view our lovely new bedrooms see B&B page.
*NEW* Breakfast now available to non-residents too, please book in advance.
Exciting News - The Colchester Inns management team are now running the historic Buckinghamshire Arms in Blickling!
2012 & 13 Awarded a Certificate of Excellence by Tripadvisor.
2010 Finalist, Norfolk Food Awards, in the category "Norfolk's Best Dish".
2009 Winner of the Norfolk Local Food Heroes Award in the category "Best Use of Regional Food". For judges comments click here.
Have you visited our new shop?
Just across the road - see website Farm to Fork and Fish.